Shipping + Returns
We have a range of options for shipping and delivery:
- Regular postage is $10.00 within Australia, unless your order is especially large, heavy or bulky.
- Express shipping is $18 within Australia, for orders up to 3kg in weight, and excluding extra large and bulky items.
- Magazine postage is $8 within Australia, for single magazines, which are sent via express post with tracking.
- Large and bulky items will generally cost between $15.00 - $20.00 to ship within Australia. Express postage is not available for bulky items.
- Extra Large Parcels may incur an additional shipping fee. We'll contact you to confirm delivery costs and any additional payment required.
- International shipping is not currently available.
- Local Pick-up is FREE from Taroona any day of the week. Please let us know when you would like to collect your order so we can hand it to you, or leave it on the doorstep for collection. We require 24hrs notice of when you intend to collect. Orders will be held for a maximum of 2 weeks and your order will be refunded if you have not collected or arranged delivery payment by this time.
Tracking is included on all items posted within Australia.
Insurance is available on all parcels for an additional fee. Please contact us if you require this service.
How soon will I receive my order?
Your order will be shipped within 3 business days, unless we are exceptionally busy. All parcels are sent via Australia Post or Sendle and will usually take between 5-10 days after shipping, to reach you. Express post parcels will generally be received between 1-2 days after shipping. The delivery time will vary depending on your location. Please check your Australia Post Network or Sendle details for actual delivery times and allow extra time for delivery at busy times, like Christmas. If you require a parcel urgently, please let us know and we will endeavour to send it out within 24 hours.
Environmentally conscious postage
Orders are packed using compostable GreenWrap or repurposed bubble wrap, recycled brown paper, and, where possible, re-purposed cardboard boxes and satchels or (as a last resort) Australia Post satchels. It's our preference to re-use plastic bubble wrap, because we know how much water is lost in the production of paper products. Where this is not available, we will use compostable paper packaging. We encourage you to re-use any bubble wrap and keep it in circulation before recycling it.
Although we'd prefer to ship using plastic-free satchels all the time, sometimes cost, time and distance prohibit it. All orders to PO boxes, remote locations and express post orders are sent via express post. Single magazines are posted in Australia Post document envelopes, which are made of paper.
Satchels are recyclable through the Terracycle Mailing Satchel Brigade program, or through the REDcycle program available at many supermarkets. We urge all our customers to re-use, compost and recycle packaging and satchels where possible.
All our shipping is carbon off-set through Climate Friendly's Tasmanian Forest Protection Project.
All packaging materials we receive are re-used for postage, recycled, or composted in our garden.
Terms and Conditions
It is your responsibility to advise us should an order delivery be later than expected, incorrect or damaged. Please contact us immediately on firstname.lastname@example.org. Should an order be lost in transit, damaged or incorrect, we may not send replacement items immediately. Replacement items will be despatched according to our discretion, and after consultation with the shipping carrier.
It is your responsibility to provide the correct mailing address at the time of ordering. If an incorrect address is provided and the parcel is returned to us in the post or by courier, we will notify you. Orders will be held for a maximum of 2 weeks, and then payment for your purchase will be refunded, if you have not arranged re-delivery payment by this time.
We do not accept liability for any loss or damage arising from items lost, stolen or damaged after delivery has taken place. We will not be held liable for any loss or damage resulting from late delivery.
If you find an item in your order is damaged or faulty, please email us with photos and a clear description of the problem, within 7 days, to organise replacement of goods, or full refund of the product value.
We do not encourage returns from customers who have simply changed their mind about a product. This is because we understand the environmental impact and waste involved in packaging and shipping parcels across the country, and aim to discourage fast and wasteful consumerism where possible. We aim to provide clear descriptions on all product listings and we're very happy to assist you in making your purchase. Please choose wisely.